- All new residents are on a probationary period for the first 30 days. They can attend AA meetings, work, and be with their sponsor only, unless otherwise
instructed by the house manager. Contact with non-approved friends or relatives is not allowed.
- New residents must attend one AA meeting per day (evening or 8:00 pm meeting). After 30 days, residents must attend one meeting per day, or 5 per week, with no more than two meetings in one day (Sunday meeting does not count).
- All residents must attend the house AA meeting on Sunday.
- Residents must attend the house meeting following the Sunday AA meeting.
- All residents must be up at 7:00 am daily except for Saturdays.
- Residents must be home by 10:00 pm on weekdays, 11:00 pm on weekends.
- Residents must be in bed by 11:00 pm on weekdays, midnight on weekends.
- The manager’s room is off limits to residents unless invited in.
- All residents will be assigned a household chore to be completed first thing in the morning, or when designated. The chore list is by the phone in the dining area.
- Residents must make their beds and clean their rooms daily.
- All residents are required to bathe daily and maintain personal hygiene
- Residents will clean the bathroom after each use.
- Residents are not allowed to use the stove or cooktop at any time.
- Residents are required to keep the kitchen tidy, i.e. rinsing off dishes after use, keeping the trash emptied and general policing of the kitchen area.
- Eating is allowed ONLY in the dining room.
- Make sure the chairs are pushed into the table whenever they are not in use.
- After dinner, all residents must participate in cleanup.
- Before leaving the den or living room, pick up after yourself and turn off the TV.
- DO NOT go into another resident’s room unless invited. Please respect others’ privacy.
- No guests are allowed upstairs.
- DO NOT leave your laundry unattended.
- Clean the dryer lint trap after EVERY use.
- Phone calls on the house phone are limited to 15 minutes.
- Residents will not use the house phone after 10:00 pm on weekdays and 11:00 pm on weekends.
- NO SMOKING or VAPING is allowed in the house.
- All residents must be employed or volunteer (volunteer place to be approved by manager) at least 35 hours per week.
- Any time you leave the house, sign out and inform the resident manager of your destination. The sign out sheet is on the dining table or by the phone.
- When returning to the Bridge House, check in with the house manager and cross your name and destination off the sign out sheet.
- Any resident who does not abide by these rules will be asked to leave the Bridge House.
- A five-day notice before moving out of the Bridge House will be appreciated.
- All Casinos and Casino events are strictly prohibited.
Breaking the following rules (Cardinal Rules) will result in immediate
- No drinking or unauthorized use of drugs will be allowed. All residents will be subject to random drug/alcohol testing during their stay. Any resident found to be found in possession of alcohol and/or drugs or drinking or using drugs and/or has a positive drug screen for drugs and/or alcohol will be subject to dismissal.
- No theft – taking or borrowing another person’s property without permission.
- No striking/fighting with another resident or visitor will be allowed.
- A Resident identified as a Gambler will be considered as breaking a Cardinal Rule and will be asked to leave immediately if he fails to pay his rent.
Dismissal is immediate – a resident will have 30 minutes to pack and leave. Cars and personal items can be picked up between 7:00 am and 8:00 pm the day following dismissal.